Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What a weekend!

I had a really eventful weekend. It's like I didn't have a weekend at all. Last Friday, I went to the Mall of Asia to watch the Day 1 of the World Pyrolympics. It was beautiful. We really wanted to see how Australia looks like since they are the defending champions. Although the display of Australia lasts for a long time in the sky, they didn't really have a superb ending unlike that of Poland.

We were at Via Mare that time with my grandaunt, tito and tita. Although the fireworks were really delayed, it was really nice. However, it was quite a disappointment because the barge was moved t the rightmost part of the water instead of the original plan that was supposed to be somewhere in the middle.
Although we were a bit far from where the fireworks were being set up, we could still see clearly what was going on. The ones that didn't go up that high was not that clear though. That was something also I'd like to see.
Last Saturday was the wedding of Richard. This is the first wedding of this year. Last year, the first weekend of the year, I also attended the wedding of Sherrill. This year, I know of two more friends who will be married. First one is Kat in May and then there's Erwin in December. I really can't believe that we are getting THAT old already. Instead of debuts, we're attending weddings already.

Anyway, the wedding of Richard was soo much fun. The pictures that were displayed were soo nice and funny. It brought out the real people behind the dressed up suit and the fancy gown. They made themselves look like real people instead of just being another couple getting married.

The video presentation was also really funny. Kudos to Imacron for another amazing job. I still remember the AVP presentation that they made for Racquel's debut. (that was a really looong time ago...)
Last Sunday was Day 3 of the World Pyrolympics. This was the day when we were really planning to watch the fireworks display since we couldn't watch on Saturday because it was Richard's wedding. I was really amazed at what Germany showed. They had a great variety of fireworks display that was artistically shown. They had style and grace. This was the best by far. The next one was the presenation of UK. They also showed something really nice as compared to Day 1 (Australia and Poland) but it was nothing compared to what Germany showed.

The nice thing about the UK display was the fact that their display would somehow encompass a large expanse of the sky and their display had the "boom" factor. Whenever their display would show, there would be a really loud bang that would then follow a "Wow!" from the crowd. It was actually pretty funny.

On the way home, since it ws really traffic, it was like a rollercoaster ride. I don't get why my grandaunt get her drivers. They drive like crazy. What's horrible was that I was the one on the passenger seat and I could see everything that was happening. I could see that the cars to right are always really so close to the car that it almost felt like they hit us.
Last but not the least, Bert and I celebrated our first year anniversary. We actually reached a year without killing each other! Hehe.. kidding. But I'm really happy and proud that we've come this far. We've been through a whole lot. More than anyone else can imagine, I think. It has been difficult but it also has been fun. I'm looking forward to many more years with him. :o)

I guess I have many more wishes for us. First of I wish that I would be more patient with him and the situation. I know that sometimes I lose my patience. Also, I wish that I'd have more guts to fight for myself and for us. My wish for him is that he continuously understands where I'm coming from and the hardships that I undergo. I also wish taht we don't hit any rough roads again. I know and I have faith in our relationship. I always pray to God for us, I just hope that He always listens to me. :)

No comments: